Monday 7 January 2013

Making a "corner"

What I really like - in the house or in the garden - is a small "corner" which catches your eye. Ideally, for me at least, it must have 3 items (although I have been known to be quite contrary on this....). These items can compliment, echo or clash, but the whole effect should be to draw your eye to that corner. You know when it has worked - firstly, because you pause, maybe tilt your head and then think, yes, I like that - but more importantly, it happens when other people pause, stop talking and just look at things. Personally, I love this. Life is so busy, it is nice to be able to stop, stare, and appreciate. Enjoy your items - I am going to post one or two now (and hope that fellow bloggers can help show me how to add items at a later date...) - this is because I love my house, but rarely photograph it...and I am only doing this blog as my New Year's resolution...so need to take more photos!  


Lovely Birds from iittala x Toikka

and the best bargain is the mirror jewelery case  - from the designer , Matt Alan....ahem..



No comments:

Post a Comment